Final Button"/>

Follow Me! ♥

Saturday, March 3, 2012

drowning.


The water struck my surprised body like a warrior in combat, as I went underwater unexpectedly. I always thought I was strong enough to stop the current, invincible, strong. But now I was underwater, nostrils being filled with saltwater and my invisible cries being reverberated throughout the pool.  Suddenly, a hand reached out and grabbed me out of the water. I remember the multitudes of “Are you okay?” being spread throughout the atmosphere, and being surrounded by my family and friends. I was six years old, and I am pretty convinced that was the scariest moment of my life.
            I always thought I knew it all, that I was strong enough to fight my own battles and support my head above the water.  But sooner or later, the storm hit. Everything that I thought I was was taken from me and tested. People who I loved went against me, and I needed to decide: who is running my life? I was giving into my selfish desires with no shame whatsoever. I was hurt, broken, and ashamed, but blissfully unaware. Then one day I felt God’s presence. It was undeniable. I felt the worth that I was searching for so long. On my knees I discovered that God reached out His hand and helped me when I was drowning in myself. Since then, I’ve entered the water, made a few splashes in the world, but also almost drowned a few times. But nevertheless, God has provided and has always saved me from the storms of this life.
            If you are having one of those days where you are drowning, I want you to know that His love is enough. He wants more than anything to help you. “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” (Proverbs 18:10). Accept his reaching hand, and begin to live again. Some days are going to be better than others, granted, but it’s the fact that His faithfulness never fails and will always, always, always, take you out of the storm.
Oh and by the way? I still don’t know how to swim. :)